I am a fully qualified and experienced Psychotherapist accredited by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I offer therapeutic support to clients who may be struggling with a variety of issues and challenges. My person centred approach ensures the chosen therapeutic model fits the individual needs of each client.
What is Reiki
During a Reiki session, the patient usually lies down on a table, similar to a massage setup. The practitioner places their hands lightly on or over specific areas of the head, limbs, and torso using different hand shapes, for between 2 and 5 minutes. The hands can be placed over 20 different areas of the body.
Practitioners say that the energy can feel like a warm sensation or tingling in the body. If there’s a particular injury, such as a burn, the hands may be held just above the wound to avoid causing further discomfort.
How Our Reiki Therapists Can Help
- Stress Reduction and Relaxation: This is one of the main benefits that people seek from Reiki. It’s often used as a tool to reduce stress and achieve a state of deep relaxation, which in turn may promote healing and improve overall well-being.
- Pain Management: Some people use Reiki to help manage pain, whether from a chronic condition, recovery from surgery, or other acute discomfort.
- Emotional Healing: Reiki is sometimes used to help manage emotional issues, such as anxiety, depression, or the emotional effects of stress or trauma.
- Improvement of Overall Well-being: Many individuals use Reiki as a tool for spiritual growth and self-improvement, and to improve or maintain their overall well-being.
- Better Sleep: As Reiki may help in reducing anxiety and achieving a state of relaxation, it may lead to improved sleep.
- Support During Conventional Medical Treatment: Some people use Reiki to help manage side effects of medications or treatments, such as chemotherapy.
- Enhanced Self-Healing: Practitioners believe that Reiki can help stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities.